Sponsorship

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Unnatural Selection?

Time for natural selection, I think...  Let those who can do more than one thing at a time, do it.  Look, I have used a mobile phone while driving, for years now.  Right from the first old analog phones, I was always wishing I could afford the hands-free headset option, and generally, I bought one.

It makes sense, doesn't it?  You need both hands and both feet to control your vehicle.  Until vehicle manufacturers get wise and start making smarter cars, we're stuck with a fine exercise in coordination, and to add holding a cellphone to the mix defies sanity, to my way of thinking.  Using a hands-free device is pretty much a cast in stone requirement, to me.

And I see so many people with a little bluetooth bug in their ear when I drive around the city.  And wouldn't you know it?  Half of them are texting...

So I say let natural selection take its course.  Eventually we'll be rid of the stupid stupid people for whom lawmakers have to make nanny-state laws...

No comments: