Sponsorship

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Chrome #100: What's New

 

Chrome This Morning

Woke up, fired up the computer, went and made a coffee and came back to 

"What’s new in Chrome
Welcome to the 100th release of Chrome. Check out a few features that can help you stay safe online."

Excellent, we all need help staying safe online, especially with surge in hacktivism (following the Russia-Ukraine war) unleashing all kinds of collateral damage around the planet.

"Protect yourself online with Safety check" Cool, we can always use a sanity check and so - after checking around 800 passwords I was told about a few compromised ones (that were on sites I logged into just to evaluate) and a few more weak ones (same deal, I'm not going to use my industrial-strength pws on evaluations) but overall not bad.

"Safe Browsing is off" - but I never turned it on because I do want to be mostly in control of the browser for testing stuff, and back in the cheery welcome screen another exhortation to turn on Safe Browsing and then the options to "Control website access to your location and device" which is as far as I can see the same "padlock" settings that we've had access to for quite a while. Haven't we? I'm pretty sure they're the same settings. 

But anyway - the 100th release.  I feel old. 




No comments: