Sponsorship

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Need Images? Free Image Collection.

Not AI generated, or *choke* clip art, but some really good, royalty-free, free-to-use - 
pictures?

I'll let this video explain it. And give you a quick rundown. 

Picryl Image Collections

The Picryl image collection site offers a range of image collections, generally can also be searched by topic (tag) and so forth. A BIG GOTCHA - they would prefer you to pay a subscription so if you search for a lot of images it'll blur the third results page onward and want you to subscribe. I did get a few great results from "old steam radio" and I think my favourite was this one:

I remember Telefunken from my childhood.

Get out! My grandparents back in Vienna would have had a radio very like this one when we were there and I was, like, four years old. And then ten years later I was in Australia and HAD what from memory was the identical radio to the one above. (Which may or may not have been the one my grands would have listened to their news and music on.)

You can also create a free account but it doesn't get you a lot. In my case, it got me https://ptec3d.getarchive.net which lets me show the images I collect. Yep, you can make collections. PROTIP: Create a new collection other than "download & private" because no-one will see that. I made a collection called Public in which you can see a cartoon of a prawn and the last known image of my uncle Sergei. Poor bugger...(JK! I don't even have an uncle Sergei. And I have no idea of who that is in that image.)

You can't upload images but fair enough, the world already has far too much crappy pr0n anyway, and you just know that that's where an upload button would lead to. I guess I could find a way to submit a collection of my blog images and artwork but really cbf. (Which is shorthand for "Can't Be Bothered" in case your fur was almost ruffled...)

Okay this was another one of those lucky finds, shared for your pleasure and enjoyment and possibly also even some useful purposes, do me a favour, share this article using the new links below, and donate the price of a cup of coffee (in a mug (with a heart on it))!

 (PS: If anyone knows a Share This Page script that works for Bluesky or Mastodon please contact me!)

No comments: